pondělí 20. srpna 2012

Communications Principles



Communications Principles - hodina anglictiny, meli jsme si napsat speeches, ktere bude zitra vypravet, tak proc ji sem nedat :))...

How I got to Iowa

Iva Gejdosova

Can you imagine to leave your family, friends all your wardrobe and everything else?
Well, I do :).
The idea “leaving czech to learn language and american culture” was in my mind for a long time.
When I finally was old enough to do it, I just did. My last day at home was weird. My father stared at me all day long, I think he was saving last moments with me. My sister was nicer than usually she is, and mom...was mom :).
Last Sunday we went to church in the morning, then said goodbye to my grandparents. In the evening I went to a movie with friends of mine.
I couldn’t fall asleep that night. It was about 5 a.m. when I put my things on and we went to Vienna. Mum gave me maybe hundred kissies and four leaf clover.
And then my story has started.
Flight  from Vienna to Paris was normal. I sat next to old nice woman, she was still smiling. Even when she felt asleep! But Paris was a bigger nut. You need to have two hours at the airpor to be sure you can make the next flight(I had only one hour). So I get out of the plane, and started to look where should I go. The airport in Paris is bigger than Airport in Detroit. I was walking for a half hour to get to the right place. There were so many people waiting, and I had to do the same - wait. After I got through customs line, it was time to start hurrying because there wasn’t enough time to get to my gate. I needed to use restroom and I had just five minutes, so I went to ladies room but there was a line (the mens room has a bigger one). So I didn’t  stopped there and continued running. I was thirsty, I wanted to buy water, but there was also a line! I had boarding in three minutes. And then I finally got there. I sat down, and checked the number of my flight. Something was wrong. Numbers weren’t the same. So I went ask a employee, and she had told me they changed my gate. There was minute untill boarding starts. I grabed my handbag a ran to the right one.
When you ask peope in europe what they think about USA, do you know what are they going to answer? Fast food, Pizza, Hamburgers. Do you know what was the very first meal I had in America? Of course pizza!
I’ve met a really nice man on the flight from Paris to Detroit. He was German, living in USA and he has married a French woman. So if you put all this things together, it is Marcus, a teacher at university in USA. Deitroit airport wasn’t as complicated as Paris and I had plenty of time.
I sat in the plane to Iowa, closed my eyes, and I didn’t opened them untill we landed.
I knew what the Rathmachers look like just from pictures and then they were there. Waiting for me. With sign “Welcome to Iowa Iva”. At the Des Moines airport there was a lot of people with flags and cameras because an Archery olympics were here too. On the way home:
“Look that may be a Obama’s car” Do you know what? It was.

4 komentáře:

  1. docela jsem az do konce! :D teda v te Parizi to musela byt sranda docela :):/

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. no jo adrenalin je v sude i na letisti
    jinak nevim co si mam o tom myslet protoze v nedeli letim poprve sama a jestli se mi tohle stane tak to bude docela mazec:DDD

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. neboj, nemas zadne prestupy :D!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. prestupy sice nemam, ale znas me:D!

    OdpovědětVymazat

P.S. mám instagram :D @gejdiv